Body Image Group Series
Absolutely AMAZING resource by Canada’s Western Health. My go-to guide when it comes to body image groups. 107 pages of activities, psychoeducation materials, and examples to discuss. This may qualify for a splurge to print in color and stuck in paper-protector sheets in the 3-ring binder. Can’t praise it enough. Adaptable to all ages honestly.
Topic: Body Image, Self Esteem
Supplies Needed: Depends on Activity Chosen- Mostly Written Work
Prep Time: No Prep for many options
Activity: Wide Range
Age Range: Teens
Thoughts & Suggestions
Full lesson plans for numerous group sessions, including scripts and activities, about body image.
Table of Contents:
- Activity 1: Scavenger Hunt (Icebreaker)
- Activity 2: How’s Your Body Image?
- Activity 3: Body expression!
- Activity 4: What Makes an Ideal Body?
- Activity 5: Celebrate Your Unique Qualities
- Activity 6: Social Pressure (TV Shows)
- Activity 7: Magazine Collage!
- Activity 8: Mixed Messages
- Activity 9: Who Says Who is Beautiful
- Activity 10: Circle of Influence
- Activity 11: Balloon Activity
- Activity 12: Warm Fuzzies
- Activity 13: Journal Entry Exercise
- Activity 14: Ball Toss!
- Activity 15: The Diet Trap
- Activity 16: The Body Image Thing
- Activity 17: Music – Song Lyrics